WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Friday, 23 July 2010

Stamping and colouring in.

I haven't posted anything for over a week because I have been trying to stamp and colour in. I do have stamps and inks but mostly I have used them in scrapbooking and back-grounds and some sentiments. I have never coloured them in before. Anyway,I was tempted with the Polka Doodle Fairy Flutterfly designs,bought two and thought I would have a go. I found out quickly that it might not be 'my thing'. Absolutely nothing to do with the stamps (I love PD - Nikky is so talented) but I struggled. I tried Promarkers,Copic (I have a few) and then got better results with Watercolour Pencils ( in the end I used all 3 ). I nearly gave up but persevered. I am not thrilled with my final effort but here it is anyway. I know I have a lot more to learn and that is what my Blog is about - My Crafty Journey. PS. Hope my followers stick with me xxx

11 comments:

  1. Well I think it is lovely!
    You say you have not had good results with Promarkers? That might be down to the ink you stamp the image with. Do you find the lines bleed and smear? If so you need to be using s dye based ink pad (promarkers are alcohol based so if you use a solvent based inkpad like Stazon then they bleed. If you use a dye based such as Memento then you should be able to colour with no problem. Promarkers take a bit of getting used to but it doesn't take too long i promise!
    Have a lovely weekend
    Linds xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week with your lovely project in our stamp away challenge! Don't be so hard on yourself - it's a very pretty card! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colouring is fab!! It looks very smooth and 'together'. It is an art and takes a lot of practice so keep at it! I've got some tutorials in my sidebar if its any help?

    Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!...I agree the right ink and paper is a must! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you for your advice and encouragement - it does mean a lot to me. I have replied more fully via a Post as this was getting a bit long. Love x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww my favourite flutterby fairy! Gracie is my favourite one. she is beautifuly coloured... have u had a look at the brilliant colouring competition recently been announced over at polka doodles

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card and you've done a fabulous job with my favourite Fairy Flutterby.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles this week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly think you can colour! I think you've done it beautifully! Nikky has a great tutorial on the challenge blog for using Aquamarkers this week. Also love your colour combo. Thanks for sharing your stamped project with us at Polka Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! I loooove getting nice comments x Thank you so much you have all made me want to try to do more stamping and colouring in x Love xxx

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.