WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Sunday, 25 July 2010

Thank-You for your comments on stamping and colouring in .

Thank-you to the lovely peeps for your advice and encouragement - it does mean a lot to me.I think I have been using suitable paper and ink, although I do think it is a mine-field for novices like me. I was actually more concerned with the colouring in. First of all I think the images were a little small and fiddly for me (poor eye-sight not poor stamps) and that is why the pencils seemed easier. Also the Promarker colours I have seemed a bit harsh as I lean towards more subtle colours ( I might dispel that if I am brave enough to post the other images I coloured).The other thing about me is that I have an eclectic interest in all things crafty and I want to try everything - maybe I should decide to concentrate on one or two crafting techniques ............. but not yet as there is so much I get excited about and want to try !
Love and hugs xxx

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried using a digi image to practice with? I have only recently started to like digis as my printer was rubbish, but you can resize them to make it bigger while you practice colouring in. i do find my self "dotting" the smaller areas very quickly so that the ink doesn't have too much time to spread. I don't use copics as they don't sell them by me but i believe they are a little softer in their colour tone (from what i've heard!)
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried a couple of digital images in the past Lindsey but again I wasn't too pleased with the result however I think that is a great idea to enlarge the image so I will try that for practice pieces. I was also wondering about trying watercolour paper and using my watercolour paints to see what results I can get but obviously lots of practicing still to do.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.