WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Sunday, 5 December 2010

Counting the Days to Christmas

How many Advent Calendars have you put up this last week ? Well if you have children and you are like our family then you will have at least one per child - full of yummy things to eat ! My children have their own homes and family now and I did make Advent Calendars for them but today I want to share one of two I made for our home. This one is much more healthy - no sweeties - shame I hear you say !!!


It is 12" by 12" and was made using various Sizzix Advent Calendar Dies. My daughter Natalie bought the dies last year and she kindly let me borrow them - I think they are fabulous.


I chose traditional colours to make mine but Natalie is much more modern than me and she chose pastel colours.


All 25 images were cut,pieced,glued and embellished. It was time consuming and fiddly - not really my 'thing' but it was worth it I think. Mind you if you wanted to make them to sell the labour costs would be very high,especially at my speed ! lol  The main card used is Bazzill with various bits from stash.

I would like to enter this into the following Challenges:
1.Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge PP25 - Anything But A Card
2.The Paper Players Challenge 27 - A Christmas Theme
3.ABC Christmas Challenge - Y For Yuletide

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maria your grand children are very lucky the advent calender is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just soooo cute! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable project! I love all of the cute images and all of their amazing detail. Love it! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I LOVE this gorgeous advent calendar. Your children are lucky to have such a talented mom and you obviously passed it along!
    Wonderful project, thank you so much for sharing it with the paper Players
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic idea. Your calendar is beautiful.Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Carissa

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.