WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Emboss,emboss,emboss ...

The great theme at My Time to Craft Challenge this week is Emboss,emboss,emboss and I have been itching to get some ideas down on to paper/card for this challenge. The trouble was, the embossing powders I had ordered to do the design I had in mind, still hadn't arrived when the deadline approached ! Panic ? Me ? Never ! haha!! As it happened I went to a local Papercraft Show on Sunday and although I was worried about not being at home and actually crafting, I definitely wanted to go because we don't have many shows in my part of the world and I didn't want to miss it. I needn't have worried because I definitely came away with lots of inspiration and a few little purchases including a super embossing folder that I used to make this little card :

The embossing folder is called Sycamore and it's by Craft Concepts - I love it and it was reduced (even better ) !! It embossed cleanly and with good depth so I decided to try to bring out the image even further with a little chalking. I used a creamy lemon colour which I thought coordinated well with the base card I had used.
I am using a lot of buttons on my work at the moment even though I don't have a great stash of them but luckily these buttons work well with the 2 Kioshi Basicgrey papers I have used.
To complete the design I used a spotted ribbon in lilac and stamped a sentiment from the Papertrey Button Bits stamp set on to lilac card which I then cut with a Nesties label die.
I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges :
1.Craft Your Days Away Challenge 12 - LOVE
2.Everybody Art Challenge 126 - My favourite thing   (Buttons)
3.Craft Your Passion Challenge 42 - Use 2 Patterned Papers

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patrizia dear, what a lovely card!! The embossed tree is just amazing!!!
    Huge hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous embossing hun, love this!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This emboss and overall card looks particulary awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your card - the tree is wonderful with all the buttons in it!
    Thanks for joining EAC!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Love the two DP you used. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your passion in our "use Two Patterned Papers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.