WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Saturday, 22 January 2011

Happy Birthday Little Man

Last week-end I did something I don't do very often - no I didn't down a couple of bottles of Red nor did I scoff a full box of Chocolates ( or anything else editable !) No, it was much better than that - I bought a craft magazine because it had a super set of free stamps from Molly's Blooms.You have probably seen the magazine and stamps. Anyway,it gave me the inspiration to try and do something with them.Here is my effort :


To start with I chose some of my favourite papers from Polka Doodles Not for the Girls Cd and then I coloured the stamped image of the boy with Promarkers to coordinate with the papers.I am still learning how to colour in images successfully and I veer mainly from using Watercolour Pencils to Promarkers or even a mixture of both. I can spend hours practising but most of my efforts sit in a box and never get used on a card.Some are okay but inspiration fails when I come to using them but this time I managed to come up with this design.


To complete the design I used coordinating glitter card and ribbon,used Glossy Accents on the balloon and layered paper and card stars to add dimension. I'm not totally,100%  happy with it but I do love the colours and the little man is very,very cute.
I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges :
1.Creative Card Crew - For Men
2.Allsorts Challenge 87 - Male / Boy

6 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the papers and the colouring onthe image lloks great! I can't believe that stamp was free, it's so nice! I'm off to get me a craft mag! Well ok not tonight as it's almost my bedtime!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is so cute!!! The papers are absolutely stunning!!!
    Thanks for visiting me ^:^
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got the magazine Linds as the stamps are def worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gio (my sister is called Giovanna too)- lovely to see you here and glad you are now a follower. Hope you call back again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card, the image is great and the paper is oerfect for any boy!

    thanks so much for entering my male inspired challenge at Allsorts this week. Good luck in the prize draw

    hugs

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. another fab boy boy card!! thanks for the inspirations...love the stars pattern there :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.