WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Up in the Air

What does "Up in the air " mean to you ? Well at the moment to me it means 2 things :
1. My whole routine is up in the air and the pieces haven't fallen to earth yet
and
2.It's the fabulous theme at My Time To Craft Challenge this week
Version 1
I finally got myself semi-sorted and actually put together 2 cards using the Everyday Button Bits Stamps from  Papertrey Ink.I bought them over a year ago but have hardly done anything with them however when I saw the theme for this week at MTTCC I immediately thought of  the Hot Air Balloon stamps and set about trying to come up with a card design as my DT contribution.
I stuck with a simple,mainly white design which I thought would emphasise the main feature - the buttons. To give more interest I embossed the white card using two different embossing folders from Provo Craft (Swiss Dots and the never used before Bloom Dots).To complete the design I used foam pads to add dimension and lift (very appropriate I think lol)
Version 2

 
A close up
I would like to enter this card design into the following challenges :
1.Simply Create - Challenge 34 I'm the Boss ...
2.Ladybird Crafts Ink TLT - Challenge 9 Anything Goes
3.Paper Sundaes - Challenge 50 Something New

13 comments:

  1. LOve the mainly white card and the little image .. fab embossing too
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Good luck
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little card:) Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, love the white with a hint of colour, and the image is lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week. Happy New Year. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year!
    I love this card, what a great way to use the buttons!
    I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that you find your routine again soon
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Maria.
    Happy New Year!
    There's an award for you on my blog!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty cards. I love the white on white with just a little pop of color. Thanks for joining us in the LCI Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the use of buttons on this card. Fabulous!

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous cards - love them both. I just love white on white!

    Thanks for joining LCI's challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and what a great use of the buttons!!
    Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for the embossing challenge. Hope to see more of your creative work for the next challenge.
    Linda - DT Simply Create

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative use of the buttons! Makes a lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that stamp!! and how clever to use buttons! love the cleaness of the cards Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink. Hope you will join us for our super blog hop next week! Tams xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderful job, thanks for playing along with SC!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.