WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Friday, 29 April 2011

Thanks a Bunch

I haven't made many cards lately as you know but here is the first of the Thank-You cards I have set myself to make for the nurses and hope to give in the next week or two. As you can see I have incorporated the Thanks a bunch circle sentiment that I showed you yesterday.

I have used the lovely image "Busy Doing Nothing" from Sheena Douglass that I have used before and which I stamped,as before, on to watercolour card and coloured with watercolour paints.You may have guessed that she is my favourite.


As you can see I have used several layers in my design. First the base card is an 8"x 8" scalloped edge card from Craft UK.The pretty blue background paper is from Cute Companions Vol 1. I made the doily on my Silhouette machine and threaded satin ribbon through some of the holes and I think the result is effective.

The image is layered on to blue metallic card from DCWV as is the circle sentiment which I generated on my computer.I used a scrap of the same card for the MS Butterfly (another favourite). I can't remember the make of the flowers which I bought ages ago but I think you will be seeing a lot of them as I have a shoe box full of them in lots of different colours lol . Finally,did you notice the shine on the dress ribbon ? I wanted it to look like satin so I added Glossy Accents and it seemed to work.

I am hoping to enter this card into the following challenges (the first for a while !!)
1.Craft your passion challenge 55 - Show us your layers
2.Top Tip Tuesday challenge 31 - Square Challenge
3.Simon Says Stamp challenge - Anything Goes
4.Charisma Cardz 17 - May Flowers
5.Moving along with the times 96 - Anything Goes
6.Sarah Hurley 40 - Butterflies

13 comments:

  1. oh this is so pretty. I love the doily with the ribbon threaded through and your sentiment looks fab with the little butterfly in th centre
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever so nice Maria, I too like the ribbon threaded through. Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous! love the doily with the ribbon and the shiny bow on her dress.
    Well done!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, I love how you have coloured her and the bow does indeed look like satin!
    Hope you are well and hubby is on the mend
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering our challenge at Sarah Hurley too
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful thank you card Maria, love the image and the colouring, super papers and doily. Have a good weekend.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Patrizia that is gorgeous I love that image and your beautiful card design makes it stunning. Glad to see Im not the only one who enjoyed the Royal Wedding. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card! Such a sweet image and lovely colours too,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card I just adore it Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card, the ribbon threading is a great technique and you have coloured the image perfectly.
    Thanks for playing with us at MAWTT this week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious. I love the ribbon technique. Glad to see you join us this week at the Sarah Hurley Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Ah this is super and just right for us on MAWTT this week, thanks for playing, Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.