WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Give a dog a bone ..........

.......... and he will  __________ (fill in the blank/s) lol
This week at My Time to Craft Challenge the theme is 'Very Funny' - anything that makes you smile or chuckle - and this little dog makes me smile and chuckle : )


He is sweet and I love his cheeky antics. The stamp is called Bonnie Westies and is by Little Claire Designs. I stamped the design on to Neenah card and used a mix of Promarkers and Copics to add minimum colouring here and there. I'm not very good at colouring in animals so don't look too closely.



I wanted to keep the design reasonably simple so I stuck with a limited colour palette of blue and white with a bit of brown. You have noticed the string of bones of course and you will forgive me for using  bunting again - I think I am getting obsessed by it so watch out for more.I drew the bones onto scraps of Bazzill card,cut them out and strung them together with Butchers Twine.The bunting is simply fastened onto the front of the base card.The blue background paper was printed from the Polka Doodles Paper Boutique Vol 3. You can't tell from the photo but it has various doggie related words on it such as bark,growl,and woof. The stamped image has been mounted onto a white scalloped square cut using a nestie, which matches the base scalloped square card.

To complete the design  I added the ..... give a dog a bone ..... sentiment which I made on the computer and cut out with a Spellbinders Shapeability Label Die using a technique I picked up HERE from my team mate Chrissy (Thank-you Chrissy it only took me 3 goes to get it right. lol). Finally,I added tiny black gems to the noses - not sure if they look right but I love added dimension so I just went for it !!!


It would be great if you joined us this week with our challenge over at My Time to Craft Challenge with your Very Funny creations x

Well I'm off now as Hubby has his 6 week review at the hospital today so hoping all goes well - see ya later x
Update - Very happy to say the Doc was pleased with Hubby's progress - everything is healing well and all the signs are good for a full recovery . He is now discharged from that particular hospital and he just needs to continue with the Rehab Programme at Durham. Huge relief x Thanks so much for all your concern and best wishes xxx
I would love to enter the following Challenges :
1.The Paper Players 49 - Anything Goes
2. Make it Monday 39 -Always Anything Goes
3.Ladybug Crafts Ink 39 - Make your own Embellishments

20 comments:

  1. oh this is fab .. i love the little doggies and the bones are a genius idea... why not enter our - make your own embellies over at Ladybug crafts ink today
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun this really is one,gorgeous card the detail on this is amazing great layout love the colors they are just lush hugs cheryl xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patrizia hope the review goes well and hubby gets the thumbs up from the hospital, I know you will be relieved if he does.
    Stunning card and such a fun set of images and the bones are a brilliant idea. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love the images and the bones. Sorry I've not been over recently, just not in the mood to blog at the moment, infact considering jacking it all in but not about to make a hasty descision. Hope you are well
    Linds xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your colouring is great Patrizia. This is such a flab little card and did what it was supposed to...made me smile :-D Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya
    a fabulous card, luv the image, great emelies, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card love the bones hanging down great touch
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Maria the bones bunting is genius! Love those little doggies too. I can hardly believe its six weeks since your hubby had his op! oh my where does the time go! So pleased all is well
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Love the wee dog, and the bones are a fantastic addition.

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card for our challenge Maria, love the bones. So glad all went well at the hospital for hubby.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card sent me running to Claire's site to check out the stamps! So cute! Thanks so much for playing with the paper players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! This is so stinkin' cute! I am off to check out these stamps, too! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made me smile, such a cute card.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the little bones across the top of your card and the images are so cute.
    A very striking and pretty card.
    I saw your card on the "Make it Monday" blog

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Maria, I LOVE this! Such a sweet image (looks like my little terier, Ozzy!) and I just love the details you added! This is just FUN all around! I have to get that image. Thank so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week and big congrats on your Cut Above pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the first time I've been to your blog. Love your card with the Westies. The hanging bones make it more whimsical. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw your card on the Paper Players and just had to say how CUTE it is. Great card and it did make me smile......... A LOT! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is sooo cute! I love the string of bones you've added across the top. Thanks for playing in the LCI Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving this card, its so cute! Debbie T

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.