WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

I love a scallop or two

Morning Peeps x I hope you are enjoying a good start to this lovely Tuesday and it progresses into a wonderful day for you all x I don't know why I feel happy today but it might have something to do with having my super Hubby home for a whole week !! No more long journeys to the hospital every day and lots more 'us' time - heaven !!
I am also quite happy with my My Time To Craft Challenge DT card this week,especially as my Mojo up and left and only reappeared the other day - phew !! I had serious words with him (it has to be a him to be so naughty !!) Anyway,here is my little effort:


Cream backdrop showing a cream card base isn't the best way to show my design this week,so forgive me for poor photography but this first shot is to show the layers I have used to give depth and dimension.


The challenge this week at MTTCC,as you might have gathered, is Scallops and I have made full use of them by using red and white scallops cut from Bazzill card as my main focus.The cake image was stamped on to Neenah card using a free stamp set from Molly Blooms. It was free with Simply Homemade Magazine a while back.By the way,it is the first time I have used Neenah card and I must say I was very pleased with the quality and performance. I'd definitely give it 10/10.


I deliberately kept the base card plain because I felt there was enough going on with the shaped card and the added banners,hearts,stars and button elements.A patterned background,I felt,would detract from the main design but you decide and tell me what you think.I won't be offended if you don't agree.I used Promarkers to colour in the main image and all the other elements and secured them in place with foam pads.The final touches included adding faux stitching,Glossy Accents and 2 red gems as cherries on the cakes.

I would like to enter this into :
1.Make it Monday - 36 (Anything Goes)
2.Papertake Weekly - Fancy a punch ?

16 comments:

  1. well it sure has returned hun as this is just stunning love the shape and adore the color combo,just beautiful hun hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is stunning! I love how you added the stitched detail xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh owow this is absolutely fabulous . I love the layers and the shaped card .. as well as the gorgeous colours
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow absolutely gorgeous Maria. I love all the layers and shape of the card. Your mojo is well and truly back, although i don't think it was gone at all :)
    Glad to hear that you are happy with hubby at home.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you Girls - it is great to know you came to see me today and left such encouraging comments x big ((HUG)) to each of you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria,

    Love your card, great layers and it's so fresh and clean looking. I've been using Neenah card for a while now and I must agree with you it is a super card. Glad you are enjoying yourselves now that hubby is back home and that you have "found" your mojo.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is really cute, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER Stunning !Loved the shape and scallops and all the elements that went into this creation .thanks for sharing and linking to Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Patrizia this is stunning, I love the image youve used and your whole card design is gorgeous. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh Maria I think its stunning hun!!!
    wonderful design work!!
    Hope you and Hubby are doing well!!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops forgot to say
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
    Lisa x
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waw,, It's very sweet and pretty,,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is beautiful...made me a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello,
    Just wanted to return the Thanks,I am so happy to have you following my blog. And you are far to modest...your work is so stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi everyone x It is great to see you here especially as I'm not blogging much just now ('someone' is keeping me busy -guess who?).You know that your comments keep me going don't you ? A big (((HUG)) to you all and a special welcome to my new followers Shirley-ann and Christina x
    PS.I hope I have said welcome to all my followers at some time or other but if I haven't please forgive me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.