WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Toybox Treasures

Over at My Time To Craft Challenge this week the theme is Toybox Treasures and for my DT card I went back to one of my favourite designers for inspiration and made this great shaped design.

Have you guessed who the designer is ?
Here is another image with a few additional props :


Yep ! It is from the creative mind of Nikky Hall at Polka Doodles.I used the Two by Two template from the Paper Boutique volume 3. As I was pressed for time this week (my 'nursing' duties take up a lot of my time I'm afraid )  I utilized the print,cut and create templates. They are brilliant and I would recommend them to anyone.Why not go and have a look.



Here is the back of the card and as you can see it is also printed with a mirror image.


This strange photo shows you the inside of the design which I printed a blue and white spot design (again from the Cd). The sentiment too is PD.I cut it with a scallop Nestie and matted it on to a larger scallop cut from  left over card. I did the same with a small flower punch. You may have noticed that the front design is layered and that the back is flat. I used foam pads to give dimension to the front layers and Glossy Accents to make the windows shiny.
The design lends itself to a few occasions I think - a child's birthday,birth of Twins,Engagement or even a New Home.In this case I settled on the sentiment "Congratulations" (it covers a few of the above) and used a stamp from Waltzing Mouse Stamps cut again with a Spellbinders die. Oh! nearly forgot - I couldn't resist the little bow ; )
I would love to enter the following challenges :-
1.The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge 9 - Babies
2.Make it Monday 37 - Anything Goes
3.A Spoonful of Sugar 152 - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. oh wow this is stunning.. my kinda card lol
    I love it
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Its brilliant, Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW and Oh My Gosh! This is sooooo great. I have never heard of Polka Doodles, thank you for the link. It looks like a very interesting site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Patrizia this is stunning, and I love the image its just fabulous for a little one. with hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Fabulous creation...Fantastic

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a great card! I find the animals come to life.
    Don't forget to take time for yourself and i hope your hubby is feeling good.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, amazing card!!

    Love that it has the mirrored image on the back. So clever.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a fab make - love the ark !
    thanks too hunni for the wonderful comment on my fimo set - made me smile x
    love
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous creation! Not just a card, but a gift! Always love the Arch of Noah for a babytheme...
    Thanks for joining us this month at The Fuzzy Wuzzy place.
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treasure your card is. Just Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just see your creation on Make it Monday. Wow what a beautiful card love the subtle colours too.

    Mrs O

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - This is an adorable card! Fantastic shape and so perfectly put together.
    Thanks so much for sharing at TFWC this month!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.