WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Happy Birthday Bunting

It is my darling husbands birthday tomorrow and he never likes any fuss so what will he make of this :-




Does it look 'girlie' ? In real life the colours are much deeper and quite masculine I think but probably I should have made straight edged hearts and not scalloped. Nevermind,I hope it appeals to his never-to-be shown feminine side LOL




It just so happens that the theme at My Time to Craft Challenge today is Die Cuts so I was able to combine my DT work with making something special for the birthday celebrations. (I have made a few more things to go with the bunting but I can't show you yet - hopefully on another day x)

The Recipe :
Cut scalloped white hearts from card stock
Cut straight edged hearts from patterned paper (in this case Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934)
Adhere patterned hearts to white hearts
Cut lettering in black card stock (I used Tim Holtz Vintage Market Die)
Adhere lettering to centre of hearts
Punch small hole near top of hearts
Use ribbon or Butchers Twine to string hearts together as desired
Display banner as required

I would love to know what you think of my banner so please leave me a comment if you have time x
AND did you see my post yesterday ? A sneak peep at some candy I am putting together for my lovely followers,coming very soon !

I would love to enter the following Challenges :
1.Truly Scrumptious 57 - Anything Goes
2.Crafty Catz 83 - Anything Goes
3. Make it Monday 38 - Anything Goes
4. Polka Doodles 20 - Anything but a Card

19 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    Love your bunting its gorgeous, I am sure hubby will love it too, wish him a happy birthday from me.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its fab.. and i love the scalloped hearts .. he will definitely know how much you love him!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is such a beautiful card I love the colour theme and design and the image is adorable,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a fab bunting love it thank you for sharing with us at the craft cazt linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow hun this is just stunning love those scalloped hearts just brilliant hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Patrizia Happy Birthday to hubby, and what a fun thing to do for him, Im sure he was delighted with them. with hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh Patrizia!!! First of all happy birthday to your husband. I totally love this banner, I can see how many love there is.
    Have a fabulous day!!
    Giò

    http://lepiccolecosedigio.blogspot.com

    .......... Unfortunately I left the comment as anonymous because, like many others at this time I'm having trouble leaving a comment on the posts that do not open the pop-up page for the comments ....... so I have to work around the problem this way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just linked over from Make It Monday ~ Love this banner, it's Fantastic!!
    Nancy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun
    wow what a fabulous banner, the bunting looks fab, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi

    What a fabulous banner, the papers are terrific for it.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :-)

    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous banner - hope you and OH are ok.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant banner Maria, after the year you have had I'm sure your hubby knows how much you love him and this will leave him in no doubts!! Its FAB!!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birthday bunting is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful idea... sure he will love it.. not too girly!

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bunting!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awe, what a gorgeous project, thanks for joining in with our challenge at Polkadoodles this week, hugz,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous project. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that this bunting looking great, any any Man would be happy to have it. I am sure your Hubby would be delighted. Well done. - Debbie T

    ReplyDelete
  19. This little banner stood out for me on make it monday. I'm off to find my heart punch! Ingenious!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.