WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Sunday, 29 August 2010

Ready for Santa

I haven't in the past made any Christmas cards in the summer months because I prefer to 'enjoy' the current season / occasion before I move on to the next. However, this year I have found it easy to get caught up in new ideas and images and before I knew it, I was involved !

I have made my second Christmas card in a month and it's all because I can't resist Nikky's designs at Polka Doodles.I have made this card for my son's family (don't worry he doesn't look at my blog so won't see it) and have added 4 stocking to the fireplace as there are 4 of them in the family.

It is on an 8" x 8" base card and all the detail (fireplace,swag,stockings,etc) have been layered to give dimension, including the sentiment.

I have enhanced the design with added colour to the flames with Sakura glaze pens, glitter to the greenery with Stickles and my favourite,Glossy Accents mainly to the baubles.

I hope to enter this into the following challenges:
Secret Crafter Saturday - Make a start on Christmas
Totally Gorguss - Christmas in August
Paper Sundae - Christmas in August
Crafty Emma's Store - Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Hi, I have linked your entry - no 83 on the challenge blog...http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for joining us at CES and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Thank-You Emma. I haven't been able to work out how to do it myself or what is supposed to happen ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..this is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! I really like the stockings and the way you have done the sentiment
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ho Ho Ho !! Just getting into the Christmas spirit :) I'm not losing it yet - I'm just happy you called to see me Fi and Linds xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, you can feel the crimbo spirit coming off it...its just fab & I adore those stockings & all the different layers.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas card ! Fabulous Job !
    Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Sundaes !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank - you Vicky and France for calling and leaving ace comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...what an awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    aaahhh what a beautiful card, thank you for joining our first CES challenge.
    hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card, so traditional.Thanks for joining us in the first CES Challenge and hope you can join us again soon!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card I love all the dimension :D
    Thanks for joining us at CES and good luck.

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love visitors and lovely comments so thanks for calling Dana, Kaylou, Claire and Amy. Hope you come and see me again x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks BBBabs and Jacquie for coming to have a look and leaving ace comments. Remember to call again soon x

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.