WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Do you wear a hat ?

I have the grand total of 3 hats. Big brimmed creations that I bought for Weddings but I have never really got used to wearing a hat and although I was happy to 'get dressed up' it is not something that I get the chance to do very often. Anyway I digress. Today the theme at My Time To Craft Challenge is (you have guessed it)  Hats !


I found the image of these gorgeous ladies at Clearly Vintage where Cora posts Copyright Free Images that you can use. She also has a range of vintage stamps that you can purchase. The image has been matted on to a die cut made using a Nestie.


I have used another Laura Ashley paper in a flocked Damask design in  dark grey and salmon.The base card is Bazzill, chosen to coordinate with the DP. I based the design on a Sketch at  Basic Grey Challenge . The other papers are Cosmo Cricket Material Girls and plain Velum.


The finishing touches are lace from Prima ,velvet ric rac from CandC,sentiment from Craftwork Cards and finally a metal charm in the shape of a hand mirror and 3 gems from my stash.

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges :
1.Basic Grey Challenge 38 -  A Sketch
 Silly ME !! I cant enter BG Challenge even though I used their sketch. I didn't include any of their stuff : (
 Have deleted my entry from their blog. boo hoo !!!
2.Crazy4Challenges 75 - Use Dies ...
3.Incy Wincy Designs 81 - Use punches or Dies
4.A Spoon Full of Sugar 140 - Birthday Wishes

22 comments:

  1. what an elegant card - beautiful image and colours .. gorgeous papers and lace.
    And do i wear a hat .. lol no . i look a sight !
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and I love their hats, Ive only got one fancy one and several woolly ones, but your card is gorgeous and I love the papers to. With hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by girls xx Haha x
    I never said I looked good in the hats Lisa x lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely, Maria!
    I like hats too but don't often get the guts up to wear them. (don't want to be the only one wearing one) In saying that, I wore my daughhter's sock monkey hat in public this winter, does that count? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank-you Dorcas x I'm sorry but unless you show us a photo of you wearing the monkey hat I'm afraid it doesn't count haha ( Go on I dare you to show us !!! xox )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Im so glad you found out how to put the pages up and youve done it brilliantly. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shirley for the push I needed xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I wanted to pop over and thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I'm really new to this blogging and I can't get over how nice everyone is, I feel like I've made loads of new friends (I hope I get to meet some sometime) Your cards are really lovely and you have a natural flair for colour, your blog is great too - I need to learn how to add pages but I seem to spend more time blogging than crafting these days! LOL I've become a follower of you so I don't lose you out there in blog land!!
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank YOU Laura x I popped back to yours and left a message xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I'm back too!! to change the font go to DESIGN on your dash board, then choose the TEMPLATE DESIGNER tab then choose ADVANCED and there is a whole list of things you can change
    Gopod Luck I'll be back 2moro to see how you did!!
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh Patrizia!! This card is so elegant!! The colors you chose and the fabulous vintage are perfect!!! And the lace is amazing!!
    Thanks dear for visiting me today!
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Laurie for that info x Can you tell I did it ??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really elegant and gorgeous card. My Mum has to find a hat for my Sisters wedding and is dreading it! She really doesn't like them, but being Mother of the bride and all...xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same here for me Jenny - 3 Weddings equal 3 hats !! Needs must but I did enjoy them on the day : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I'm still alive!
    Oooooh hats! I LOVE hats! This card is fab, love the image and the vellum and charm are stunning. Such a lovely piece of work.
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card!! I love vintage pictures!!! If this shows up twice, I'm sorry, my internet is doing strange things today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh hun this is so elegant adore the layout on this,and the papers are just lush,so beautiful hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Maria!!!
    I have an award for you on my blog
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card. It's so pretty. Thanx so much for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again soon.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous - elegance at it's best.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Maria I have something for you over on my blog but it won't be posted till 8am mon 28 feb, please check it out after then and I hope you'll accept it
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, just found your blog, love your creations, such sweet cards, will be visiting again, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.