WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 1 February 2011

I'm in such a Flourish !!

Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself ? I have been very busy this week and before I realised where I was it was Tuesday again ( funny how the days come around every seven days isn't it ?).

The theme at My Time to Craft Challenge this week is Flourishes and actually I love a good flourish so I was more than happy to get cracking on a suitable design - infact on two designs !


I chose the DP first,it's an Anna Griffin design that I bought a few years ago but I don't know the name of it and just in case your screen shows different ,the colour is green. I teamed the DP with a coordinating Bazzill cardstock from my stash and the base card is a square, scalloped card from Craft UK.

I had recently purchased a Marianne Design die which included these fabulous flourishes so I was able to incorporate these into my design. Frankly,I hesitated incase two were too much but I threw caution to the wind and 'blinged it up' with the two silver flourishes.(It's meant to be a special card for a special occasion anyway).
Finally,the image I decided to use jumped out at me from my little stash of stamps - the Papermania Signature Chatsworth Vintage Collection. I went everywhere to get these stamps (last year ?) but hadn't actually got around to using them until now! I absolutely love them - the bird cage,the chandelier,the chair,etc. x I love them that much I went on to make more cards in a similar design with similar papers but I will keep them for another time.
As you can see from the images,I machine stitched one of the layers and added a sentiment taken from the same collection. The final touch is the addition of a little more bling in the way of two sparkling gems. Finito !! I hope you like them xx
PS.I'm going to keep you in suspense about the winner of my Blog Candy - I will now announce it tomorrow xxx 
I would like to enter the following challenge :
1.Paper players Challenge 32 - Anything Goes
2.Gingerloft Challenge 10 - Things that fly ( Birds in the cage)
3.Kaboodle Doodles Challenge 52 - Make it Monochromatic !

15 comments:

  1. WOW!! Maria how very elegant and stylish!! love the look
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow these are gorgoues so elegant,love them,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so stylish!! Just beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are absolutely stunning! The flourishes look so good. Really elegant without being OTT. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those flourishes they are gorgeous, love the images as well! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Love the neutral colours. They go amazing with your pretty flourishes. Thanks for playing with Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you girls - it's great to get ace comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, what an elegant card. I love the muted color scheme. The bird cage is so on trend and I love that you paired it with a "you're invited" sentiment. Fabulous.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players for our Anything Goes challenge this week
    Jaydee
    P.S. love your blog page bird theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-You Jaydee for your lovely comments and I'm pleased you like the blog background theme I chose because I have been searching high and low for something new and pretty and I thought that this one was both beautiful and appropriate for Valentine's Day as well as for Spring Time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, elegant cards.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!..these are so stylish & gorgeous! Love them xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such gorgeous and elegant cards! Love the neutral color combo and the flourishes accent the images beautifully. (I also have to agree with Jaydee about your blog background. It is quite beautiful!) Thank you so much for playing along at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You all make me happy with your lovely comments : ) xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! I love the flourishes.
    Hugs xx
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the birdcage and the cute little birdie!!
    Wonderful card :)
    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
    huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.