WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Saturday, 19 February 2011

A Special Friend

I am still learning how to colour in with various mediums and I alternate between my few pens and few pencils but I very rarely feel I have done a good job. I actually find it very difficult. However,when I received my prize from Sketching Stamper I knew I would have to try harder to achieve a modicum of success. This is the result with the Sketching Stamper image called "On the phone".
You are probably thinking "That is very brown !" Well obviously it is and I think I have over done it a bit but I wanted to follow a few challenges. One specified Chocolate as the colour and the other Monochrome so that is why this design came about as it has.
As you can see I made an easel card mainly because I haven't made one for a while but I also thought that the image, which is quite big, needed a design that would allow room for embellishments. The papers are from Polka Doodles Cd Sundae of Seasons and the sentiments from my stash.
The close-up shows my colouring (don't look too close please) done this time with Copics. I paper pieced the dress and her hair band and added one of my hand made flowers to her shoulder which I thought was quite fashionable (Is it ?). I added 3 flowers that I punched with a Martha Stewart flower punch from the scraps of papers that were left over.
I am daring to enter this card into the following Challenges :
1.Polka Doodles week 7 - Chocolate
2.Stampin for the Weekend Challenge 4 - Monochrome ..
3.Totally Paper Crafts 54 - Do it with Digi's
4.Creative Card Crew - Friendship
5.Rainbow Lady's 140 - Use something from a CD
6.Phindy's Place 43 - Monochrome

25 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Its fantastic , colours perfect and so is your colouring!! love the image too!!
    gorgeous hun
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love the "Very Brown" Card its stunning, thanks for sharing and joining in with us on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, I haven't used this image in a while, I will have to look it out.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card, I love your colours. lovely touches with your paper flower and headband to match the dress. Thanks for playing along at Rainbow Lady this week. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card love the image and the backgrounds are stunning. Great cd. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh.....Patrizia!!! This card is so lovely!!!
    Fabulous paper piecing and I love the Pink and Brown combo!!! About Stketchalicious challenge, I'm sorry it isn't write in English. Anyway I will be really happy if you would enjoy with us. You just follow the sketch and linkback on inlinkz.
    Also I thank you for your lovely comments and for visiting me.
    Have a great week end ^:^
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colouring and i love brown,one of my favourite with pink. I love easel cards cos we can add more embellis
    I like the little flower on the dress, lovely detail.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice one Maria, and the brown is so nice. It's my new best friend...brown i love it. The3 image is lovely too. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. maria you've done a LOVELY job! And hey, why not add it to Phindy's this week which is also Monochrome. ;-) I loooove the polka dot paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya

    fantastic card, lovely image and I love those dots! thanks forjoining us at tpc

    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patrizia, I want to thank you for popping by my blog and becoming one of my followers that I thought Id pop by and visit yours in return, Im so glad I did what fabulous cards, they are lovely and this one is gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card. I love the paper piecing.
    Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the brown.. perfect for me and the image is fab
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi hun
    fabulous card, great paper piecing,luv the colours, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week hope to see you next time, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, the paper piecing is just fabulous! glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, the colours are so yummy! Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your card is really stunning.
    Love her dress and gorgeous flowers.
    Thank you for playing along with Creative Card Crew this week.
    Hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card, I love the colouring not too brown for me. She is super too. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, those papers are just perfect!
    Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week.
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous and your coloring is wonderful! Go forward with confidence! You CAN color-beautifully!
    So glad you joined us this week at Phindys Place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely project - thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A really gorgeous card. Love the shape and your use of the PD papers.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles Chocolat challenge and good luck.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card and your colouring is just fine! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.