WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 7 September 2010

My APOLOGIES

I am not really apologising - it's just the title of my latest cards, so forgive me if I have tricked you in to reading my post. The thing is I have been dreaming and planning this design for over a week and have had days trying to get the design right - I nearly gave up !!
The problem with clean and simple designs is that they are really hard to get right and I admire those crafters who 'get it right' constantly. I am in awe of their work (I will not name names but I follow them).
Anyway, these are the first cards I have made which I think truly come under the heading - Clean and Simple.

I really struggled to get decent photos that show the true colours which are very pale, duck-egg blue and greys. I also resorted to showing both cards together as they are virtually the same with just slightly different shaped flowers.

I used the Shapeabilities Fancy Tag dies to cut and emboss an aperture in the white card and then I stamped the sentiment using one of the lovely Waltzing Mouse fancy phrases stamps on to the cut-out tag which I also embossed.
Around the aperture and the tag I applied a matching blue chalk and to complete the design I added clear gems and a stitched button..
I hope to enter this card design into the following challenges :-
1.SCS Challenge 99 - Clean and Simple
2.My time to craft challenge 106- Jewelled
3.The paper players challenge 14 - Clean and Simple

14 comments:

  1. Patrizia, these are STUNNING! They are really, really beautiful. A perfect project for our challenge at MTTC this week too. SO elegant.
    I'll do a tutorial about using the Lego sometime really soon!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love these! A great clean and simple design. Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's praise indeed coming from you Chrissie - you are one of the 'names' not named !!! I love your work and look forward to the tutorial.lv x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-You so much Ann for your lovely comment, it is very much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tutorial is now on my blog... if you take a look Patrizia, you may find it useful sometime!
    I'm flattered enormously by your previous comment too...thanks so much!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So stunning! Love the design! I am on the look out for CAS ideas and inspiration for my sisters wedding invites...could you please hint me those names lol! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Maria very classy cards well done x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design....so elegant
    Thanks so much for joining SCSC this week and good luck
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHa Jenny - that would be telling - but if you have read the comments here you will know a good name already xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! thanks Jacquie and Vicky x You are both very kind x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love these! Great idea! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patrizia, they are perfect CAS cards. I love that you used the Nestabilities to create an opening for the sentiment. The soft blues and grays work perfectly together. Congratulations on creating such a beautiful CAS set of cards. Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Lesley for visiting and leaving an ace comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jaydee,it is great to get your thoughts on this design idea.I love that you visited me and left an ace comment x

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.