WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Monday, 8 November 2010

Wishing You a Sweet Holiday

At last I have had the inspiration to use the Martha Stewart Gingerbread Men stamps I purchased at least a year ago and although the photo doesn't do the colours justice, I am inclined to think that I have found THE Christmas card design I will reproduce to send to a lot of my friends. I looove them !!


I have based my design on a sketch at Waltzing Mouse but I also hope to enter other challenges too.

I don't do a lot of stamping mainly because I am still learning and I don't always get the results I want as you can probably tell with this effort and it puts me 'off '. Other reason's are my lack of stamps and inks - crucial you will know for this technique lol x However, I am hoping the subject justifies using far from perfect images - since when where gingerbread men expected to be perfect !
Now for the details.I have used Kraft Card for the card base,the mat and the tags. I distressed/inked the edges with Rangers Distress Ink (Brushed corduroy) and stamped with Archival Ink (Coffee). I cut,frayed and machine stitched red and white cotton Gingham to the base with red embroidery thread. To complete the design I added RED stitched ribbon and RED and GREEN bead gems to the tags - contrary to the colours in the photos!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :
1.Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge - 22
2.Totally Papercrafts Challenge  41 - Tag it ..
3.Delightful Challenges - Stitching
4.Charisma Cardz Challenge 44 - With love @ Christmas
5.Dutch Care Card Challenge - 90 - Clean and Simple

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is good enough to eat!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us
    at Delightful Challenges
    hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is just great hun,love it super design,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful card. the tag remind me of cookie sheets and that's perfect with the gingerbread men. So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and so cute!!
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the gingham and kraft combo, gorgeous!! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great christmas creation! thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute as a button
    Thanks for playing along with TPC this week
    Good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-You for all your lovely comments girls x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge.Your card is beautiful.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your cute little gingerbread men tags! the red gingham bg is perfect! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fab - cute gingerbread men, and I love how you have added the gems to them.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card. I love the gingerbread men. Thank you so much for taking to time to enter it in our challenge. I hope to see you enter our next challenge at DDCC.
    Hugz xxx
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.