WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Sew Sweet Vintage

Thanks to this weeks challenge at My Time To Craft Challenge I have managed to get my creative juices back on track.It is a great theme and we would like you to make a card with a Vintage feel. The theme allows for many interpretations for all sorts of occasions.My contribution will eventually travel several hundred miles to my sister in Italy for her birthday early next year (shh don't tell her).


Sewing was one of our favourite pass-times when we were still at home,infact we both went on to study Textiles/Dressmaking in further education. When the kids were little I made most of their clothes and it's only in relatively recent years that both of us haven't done much sewing.


I love the colours of these papers from Cosmo Cricket called Material Girl although I would not have said they were my favourite colours before I saw these papers. In real life they are vibrant and I think they suit the vintage feel of this card perfectly.Altogether I used 4 different designs from the paper stack and teamed them with cream,greens and a deep orange.

The sentiment label and cotton reel circle are also Cosmo Cricket,the Tailor's Dummy is from Clarity Stamps and I have added ribbon,buttons and lace from stash. The pins are also from stash but I coloured them with Promarkers to match the design.One last thing - I machine stitched the papers to the cream base card.

I hope to enter this card into the following Challenges:
1.Paper Cupcakes Magical Monday - Anything Goes
2.Papertake Weekly - Cut it out
3.Tip Top Tuesday - 12 Anything Goes
4.Ladybug Crafts - 5 Caz's Colour Wheel

11 comments:

  1. Love the sewing theme. Yes, sadly my sewing room has morphed into a card making studio. My sewing stuff is still there, it is just a little harder to get to. I just need a bigger room. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful easel card -love the swwing elements to the card , your sister will love it
    Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Ladybug crafts ink
    Good luck
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, would go down a treat with my relatives too! Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Card!! I love the lace and the buttons! Is it snowing here on your blog? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your lovely comments girls x My sewing bits and bobs are now a small part of my craft room Karen and I now regret giving lots of my stuff away because there is so much you can use in card making and scrapbooking. Tinkerbeth,we are in the grip of a snowy period in the UK at the mo but for me the best place for snow is on a picture or better still falling on my Blog page : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute easel card; what a great card for your sister!!

    Thanks for joining LCI's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique easel card and beautifully created. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Cupcakes today. Hope to see you back again next week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Such a great layout!

    Thx for joining us at Totally Ladybug Tuesday and would love to see you at our next one!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! I'm another who has slowly changed my sewing room into a craft room.
    Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink. Good luck! Tams x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria,

    Lovely card, gorgeous papers, great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Cupcakes this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.