WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Rapsody of Roses

Didn't I tell you I would be back with this design idea ? I might as well apologise now because I just can't get enough of this design and I know I will use it again. Do you forgive me ? Do you mind ?
This time I have made a bright and summery version as a very special card for a special friend who is celebrating her birthday this month.It is also my DT card today for My Time to Craft Challenge this week.

The fantastic flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the papers are K and Company Madeline.
As the papers are quite 'busy' I wanted a contrast to break-up the detail, so I chose quite a bright green Bazzill card stock as the base. To be honest I am not sure if it isn't too bright but at least it is cheerful.
The Roses are definitely the best bit of this card and if you haven't got your hands on some yet I would head over to have a look at them here - I'm sure you will love them too.

As for the rest of the design I used :-
Scraps from my box for the leaves,
2 Xcut Botanical Punches,
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch,
Spellbinders Fancy Labels,
Sentiments from Craftwork Cards,
Ribbon and pearl-head pins from stash.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
1.2 Sisters Challenge Blog 12 - Birthday
2.Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge  6 - A sketch or One for the Girls 

6 comments:

  1. This is definitely one for the girls. I love WO flowers and they look beautiful on this card. Thanks for playing along at Crafter’s Companion. Hope to see you back next month. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow this is just stunning,the colurs the detail the flowers hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful card!!!! i found you, because you wrote, am a patrizia with a z, i too, hihi...
    best wishes from patty, patrizia with a z!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-You girls xx
    (and another Patrizia too - welcome x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and what a lot of roses.

    You left a message on my blog about being lucky to be living here but believe me it's not all it's cracked up to be. I can't wait to get back to the UK, (we have had our house on the market for the last 2 years), you can't believe how boring it is to wake up to sun almost every morning, we rejoice when it is cloudy. Going back to UK for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to it. Only 5 weeks to go, counting every day.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the UK Anne but today I'm so cold that I have resorted to getting under the duvet to try to get warmed up !! The CH is on and I have several layers on too but I am still so cold !! The only thing keeping me in this country is the family - I'd miss them too much to live abroad.Enjoy the sun and the warmth Anne and then wrap up warm for your Christmas visit xox

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.