WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Would you like to pick a pocket or two ?

It is Tuesday and time for another challenge at My Time to Craft Challenge and this week we would like you to make a card or other project which includes a pocket - or two! It is a great theme and it would be fabtastic  if you shared one of your creations with us.

I had great fun making this animal print, handbag shaped card. I don't watch soaps and I may be completely out of date but I thought it was very 'Betty Lynch' - have I got that right ?

I have used this shape before but it was much more twee last time. I had one sheet of animal print card so I was hoping nothing would go wrong when I cut out the shape on my Silhouette Digital Die Cutting Machine and I teamed it with a gold embossed card which I used for the back of the card,the pocket and trims.
I hand-stitched around the pocket before adhering it to the front of the card and added a fancy metal "Hello" brad. The tiny envelopes in the pocket where made using a punch and the same paper I used to line the inside of the card. The sentiments where stamped with Waltzing Mouse stamps.I couldn't resist adding ribbon and a heart charm.
To save card I could have made the back of the card with plain card but what the heck - this looks much better I think.
 
 I have added this last photo just to show that I also added a pocket to the inside of the card together with two more tiny envelopes.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges :
1.Mejen's Designs Challenge 30 - Anything Goes
2.Paper Cupcakes - Magical Monday - Die Cuts
3.2 Sisters Challenge 10 - Anything Goes
4.Simple Doodles Challenge 29 - Shape it out

12 comments:

  1. Hi Maria,

    I have my other DT hat on today and love your card it's great. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Paper Cupcakes this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, it doesn't matter what hat you have on you are more than welcome to visit me any time xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and inspirational project. Will make a very nice gift. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Cupcakes this week. Hope to see you back next week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, what a great project - so, so cute! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for participating in the Anything Goes Challenge at Meljen's Designs!

    Dianna, DT Member @ Meljen's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable.....I love this.....thank you for playing with us at PCC...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes today! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so lovely and fun and of course girlie!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at Paper Cupcakes!
    Hope to see you next week!
    Nina
    TMITA w Paper Cupakes Blog
    (free digital images)
    Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and very creative purse!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simple Doodles for the shaped challenge.
    Look forward to seeing your creative work for our next challenge.
    Linda - DT Simple Doodles

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE it!!! and how fun it will be for someone to receive this, Thanks for joining us on SD :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining in on the Simple Doodles challenge - hope to see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job, and congrats on the top 3 over at SD!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.