WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Autumn Wreath

I have been wanting to try this design idea for a while and now I have done it and I can see I will definitely be doing another. I think it lends itself to all sorts of possibilities don't you think ?
To start with I cut out a circular frame using my Nestabilities in a brown Bazzill and then I arranged and layered leaves that I had punched out with 3 of my Xcut Botanical Embossing Punches.I used various patterned papers from previous work that were basically scrap (I never throw anything away !)
The finished wreath was then adhered to a cream Bazzill base with foam pads to give it additional dimension. To finish I threaded a brown satin ribbon through a Shapabilities die cut fancy label which I had stamped with a Waltzing Mouse stamp. This was then wrapped around the front of the card. One final touch - the brown gems on the label (I love gems ).
I would like to enter this into the following Challenges:
1.For Fun Challenges - Red,Brown and Cream
2.Crafty Creations Challenge 90 - Red,Brown and Green
3.The Cuttlebug Spot Challenge - Welcome Fall
4.Rainbow Lady's Challenge 123 - Autumn Foliage
5.Daring Cardmakers  - Autumn Leaves

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful and stunning card Pat! Love the leaf layers and the simplicity of the card. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol for calling on me and leaving a lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Patrizia. What a lot of work - such lovely colours too. A Christmas one would be super too. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Stunning wreath! Love the use of the leaf die-cuts! Wonderful idea! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun Challenges! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow....I just love this! Great idea!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning.... your colours are so beautiful! This would be an amazing home decoration! Thank you for joining us at For Fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! The colours of your leaves are just beautiful. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card!
    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! It's absolutely stunning, what a great idea to use your scraps up!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the idea of a wreath. Thanks for joining us at TCS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is gorgeous beautiful colours
    If you pop over to
    Ooh la la challenge blog there is a message for you
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.