WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Hand -Made Spiral Flowers

A while back I tried my hand at making my own paper flowers and after a search on the internet I decided to make some based on a spiral design. Most of you will have seen them and probably you have made some yourself. However,the other day a visitor to my blog ( that's you Donna ) asked how I had made the flowers I had added to my cards. Well here is my small attempt at a tutorial :
The Recipe.
1.Circles of paper of any size you wish ( I used my 1.5 inch and 2.5 inch punches )
2.Scissors
3.Wet Glue

4.Cut into the circle to form a spiral
5.Starting at the outer point add a little glue and begin to roll up the spiral
6.Continue rolling and adding glue to the bottom edges of the spiral.Manipulate the tightness while the glue is still wet. Stick down the last bit which originally was the inner part of the spiral.Allow to fully dry.
These flowers can be made using plain,patterned and stamped papers and in lots of sizes. However they can be very deep so you have to take that into consideration when thinking about sending your creations by Mail.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for showing this tutorial!!! I would have never guess that is how these gorgeous flower were made!!!! And thanks for mentioning me and the nice comment you left on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Maria will give these a go , I had heard of them but wasnt sure how they were made
    thank you
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used these flowers on a few caeds they are fab and easy to do once you know aren't they your tutorial is great loads of detail
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great hun,brilliant tutorail too,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Maria, this will come in really useful, thanks for a fab tutorial
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tutorial, Pat. I used to make these a long long time ago and had forgotten about the technique. I'll have to give them another whirl for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great tutorial. Thank you for showing us, i'll have a go at it. I tried it before but it didn't work, i didn't know which way to turn them, now i know!:)
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic tutorial Pat, these flowers are so effective and just look amazing,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant tutorial, love it. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank-you for your comments on my little tutorial ladies. I'm happy if it's been of some use xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look great, I must try to make them myself, always looking for new things to create. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.