WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Ladies Day

My DT card this week for My Time to Craft Challenge is vintage style and the theme is entitled Ladies Day.


The first thing that came to my mind was The Races - Cheltenham and Ascot. Ladies dressed in hats and all dolled up to the nines.Well I haven't included horses but I really liked this scene of Ladies (and Nanny with the children of course ) strolling in the Park in their best gowns and the Pooch groomed and prettied for his stroll too.


Not a brilliant photograph but there is no doubt that my design is monochromatic. I have used white,black and silver.The base card is a white 8"x 8" square card and I have used black Bazzill card for the matting.





I made the Butterfly background paper by stamping and heat embossing in Silver. I can't remember where I got the stamp and I have never used it before but I thought it stamped very well. The white scalloped mat was cut on my Silhouette.The black and white stripe paper is from Papermania Monochromatic Collection as was the Butterfly and flowers. The silver ribbon was from my stash. The image is a Freebie from Clearly Vintage and I added Glamour Dust to the bodice of her dress and a little to her face veil. I made the frame with a Spellbinders Frameabilities in a silver pearlescent card from stash and finally I added a Mother's Day sentiment.

I would love to enter this card into the following challenges :
1.Crafty Creations 110 - Mother's Day
2.Charisma Cardz 11 - To 'Die' for
3.Digi Doodles 51 - Anything Goes
4.Crafty Catz 74 - Mother's Day
5.Stampin' for the weekend 6 - For Mum/Mother's Day
6.CES 28- Inspired by a Song  (Hello Dolly)
7.Ladybug Crafts Ink 20 - Monochromatic
8.Craft Your Days Away 16 - For Mum
9.Cup Cake 134 - Monochromatic
10.Incy Wincy Designs 86 - Embossing
11.Paper Cupcakes - Vintage
12The Shabby Tea Room 54 - Bingo (Die Cut,Embossing,Ribbon)

34 comments:

  1. wow what a beautiful elegant card .. i love that image .. reminds me of the musical Eliza Doolittle .
    We also have a monochromatic them at Ladybug crafts ink this week and your card would be perfect
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Stunning Maria
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. very elegant card with the black and white colour theme! I love all the detail - thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations this week! bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, Great song you have chosen to go with such a sweet card, looks gorgeous. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lush Maria very lush! this is really elegant and regal you have done yourself proud here! I'm really impressed you made that background DP WOW you go girl!
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love that butterfly embossed background! Thanks for playing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and elegant monochromatic design! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Maria, gorgeous image and the whole card is so elegant. Love it.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...This is simply stunning! Love the color combo, and that image is so elegant! Love the sweet details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs/sari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi hun
    wowzer a totally stunning card, beautiful image, gorgeous papers & design,sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Veryyyy gorgeous and elegant! Found ur blog while blog hopping and Im so glad I found it! (: thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Khin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So elegant. The black and white is perfect. It's making me think of My Fair Lady. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! To you all for coming here and leaving me such great comments XXX and a big welcome to Khin (my latest follower ) as well as a big thank-you to all my followers and visitors XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, full of style and elegance. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Patricia! I hope you are having a super week!

    This is just so elegant - I love it! Thx so much for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink! See you again soon!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous card, so elegant! And the butterfly background is simply fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Maria
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, very elegant, Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card...thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake this week...good luck :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! It looks very elegant and I love the background paper you have made. Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week. Good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow hun this is just stunning so elegant,and your detail is just supurb,hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely image,love this scene.
    Your card is very elegant.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Patrizia what a gorgeous card I love that image and your papers are fabulous. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. There is something so special about the silver you have added!!
    Great job and thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Cupcakes!

    Molly - Paper Cupcakes Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  25. So lovely. love the monochromatic scheme. Thanks for joining us in the Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did a fantastic job with the monochromatic and that image is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  27. A gorgeous card. I love the butterfly background. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week.

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh how pretty - love the mono card and the wonderful details! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful monohromatic vintage card. Thanks so much for joining us at PCC this week. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the glitter paper and the butterfly! 
    Thank you for joining us over at Stampin for the Weekend 
    Have a great week 
    Heidi-Mari

    ReplyDelete
  31. Its not always easy to get black and white cards to work and give the wow factor, but you have managed to do that. I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.