WELCOME

I AM SO PLEASED YOU CAME TO VISIT ME TODAY. WHY NOT CHECK OUT MY OTHER PAGES WHILE YOU ARE HERE AND IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD LEAVE ME A COMMENT TO SAY YOU CAME AND HAD A LOOK.
DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK X

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Home Sweet Home

Ask anybody and they will tell you I am a bit of a home girl. I like everything to do with houses and household things,except maybe the dreaded ironing. Mind you I have that down to a fine art these days and I might tell you my secrets one day if you are good to me - he-he x But getting down to today's business I want to tell you about the challenge at My Time To Craft Challenge. The theme this week is Keys and I came up with this offering :

For me, I thought immediately of houses so no surprise there but there are many ways of incorporating keys into your design and you just have to check out the great samples for inspiration from the DT. As you can see I have kept my design fairly plain and simple,both with the actual image and the colour scheme. I did wonder if it was too plain so I tried some distressing but decided "No,not this time".What do you think ?

Showing optional distressing

I liked it but I didn't go with it in the end.Instead I kept it plain and hoped the simple design would work particularly because I wanted only to high-light the central house. I did this by only colouring that building as the home in question.

Showing the heat embossing

This is a very poor photo but I am including it in the hope of showing that I heat embossed the houses and the sentiment. The embossing powder is the brown shade from Sheen Douglas WOW powders and I must say they are very fine and really good. The stamps are from October Afternoon and I used Kraft Card,Bazzill and Mirri Card. I cut the keys with a Nestie Shapeability Die.

The cards are only 120cm square and I thought perfect for a little New Home card so I made two (anyone moving soon ?).
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :
1.Paper Sundaes 60 - Keep it Simple
2.Paper Cupcakes - Monochromatic
3.Do You Stack Up 10 - Layers  (my design was lifted with foam pads)
4.One Stop Craft Challenge 122 - Clean and Simple
5.Papertake Weekly  - Trio - Tastic
6.Try it Tuesday - Chocolate Therapy (The colour Brown)

17 comments:

  1. Hi Patrizia what a lovely new home card, I love it, simple but stunning. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Maria, Love the Kraft look and I love cards with houses on, I am looking out for a house stamp at the weekend.
    Have a good day. Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is great, love the colours, looks a bit like sepia. You don't need any more embellishments.
    I hope you'll tell us your secret about ironing cos i am not a great fan of it :))
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little street .. love the cards
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi maria! What a wonderful housewarming card! I really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria,

    Great take on our theme this week, love the clean and simple look. Super card.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the simplicity of this card and glad you left it as it is,its lovely, thanks for joining us at T.i.o.T, luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic Maria I love how you have teamed kraft card with mirri card - its perfect!
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are lovely Maria. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week for our challenge. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the added embellishment that goes with the color you chose!Great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes!
    Molly - Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patrizia! Love your fabulous layers cards! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at DYSU this week! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your New Home card and those keys are great.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute cards!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way cute!!!!!! I love the added keys, thanks for playing with PaperCupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW.Such a lovely card, thanks palying along with There's Magic In The Air tihis week
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so just right for a new home card, plan and simple yet has the wow factor.

    ReplyDelete

It makes me very happy to receive comments from my visitors so please leave a message and remember to come again as you are always welcome.